Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy slobering Halloween

Please dont mind the woman who may be crying as the kids are trick or treating....

Its the dreaded "1st" Holiday! ok so many people dont count Halloween. That is obvious by the amount of Christmas deco that has been in stores for WEEKS.
But it is secretly one of my very favorite Holiday's. It sometimes trumps Christmas.. ok sometimes.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it. I have even had the pleasures of hosting a Halloween Bridal shower and a Halloween baby shower (not the same couple lol)
I love seeing all the little kids all dressed up
I love that us adults get to be kids again and dress up.
I love the fun decorations.
I LOVE the parties
I LOVE the crafts
I love all the FALL fun stuff
I LOVE the fun foods.
I love that my kid goes out and collects chocolate for me to eat..WHAT dont say you dont think the same :)
See whats NOT to love?

This Halloween just will NOT be the same. There is a huge hole where our family of 3 should be a 4.
I cant help but look at all the babies and wonder what would we have chosen to dress Korbin up as. I am sure no matter WHAT it was he would have been adorable. I would have wanted something to coordinate Kayla and I am sure Chris would have wanted some football player or something. The deciding vote would have been none other than Kayla.

People very often ask me how I am doing and the truth is we are "doing". Just doing to get by or on or whatever. We have been doing so much lately trying to fit in all the Fun Fall activities and Chris was out of town for 6days (that was ROUGH) its been a lot. Maybe too much b/c i cant even keep up with things around here.

Camp season is over we closed up yesterday. That was sad it was a nice year at our new place. We LOVE it lots of nice people and SOOO many fun activities. They had the last blast of the year a Halloween party Kayla sang ScaryOkee :) It was fun.

Today we went to KI for the last day. I won 2 tix YAY!! Kids had a BLAST.

As the Halloween season comes to a closing and Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner it brings a certain fear for emotions that I will probably be feeling then. As I know how I am feeling now.
I know it has only been 5M but I keep wondering WHEN is going to feel different.

3 comments:

  1. Plan to have a lot of these days. Especially the first year. Your first Christmas without him, Easter without him, etc. None will be easy.

    I found that it helped some to find ways to incorporate Sarah's memory into our family traditions. After all this time, she's still never far from my thoughts.

    Just doing, is sometimes the same as doing really well. You're living by a different set of standards after a loss. I wish I could offer you a big hug, but know my thoughts and love is with you. Korbin will not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 months is not a long time. No-one would expect you to feel good right now. Your baby, Korbin, will always be with you and you will always miss him. That is to be expected. The hurt will ease in time and in the meantime, lavish all your love on that sweet little girl of yours. Know the first set of Holidays will be difficult and know that everyone understands. Sending you a big, big HUG. Wish I could be there to give you one in person. Love ya, girlie. Auntie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were thinking the same thoughts yesterday. It wasn't an easy day. And as you said, I'm scared for what's to come with Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner...

    ReplyDelete