Monday, November 21, 2011

6m seems like a lifetime

Its November 22nd and today my son should be 6m old today. 6m is a Huge milestone for an infant. The pain of thinking about all the things a 6m can and should do is horrible. Sitting up, crawling, starting foods. I would trade any of that for a beating heart on my chest in my arms :(
Christmas shopping is not fun this year, it feels like there is someone missing we are shopping for ... and there is. It makes it even harder that there are a few babies on our list close in age

I have no idea how I am going to survive the holidays. On the days I think about Korbin for even a minute I want to start bawling. This is going to sound horrible except to those who "get it" because they have been there but most days I purposely try to forget Korbin. If I dont the pain can be just down right CRIPPLING.
We really wanted this baby we planned and tried for awhile. It wasnt an Uh-oh its just not fair I know I sound like a whinny kid but its not and it sucks.

We kept saying we are trying again no matter what. I said what really are the odds of this kind of thing happening twice...um apparently higher than i thought b/c i have met numerous people it has happened too MORE than once. They are all good people too


I have just been trying to stay busy especially with Kayla..trying to enjoy and not miss any of that stuff with her. I am sure for her sake I will hold it together for Christmas but inside I will be screaming.

I had this whole blog written out in my head a couple of days ago but I am so exhausted right now I cant think of really what to write.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and gets to spend it with their families.
There are MANY things God gave me that I am thankful for and My family ranks up there #1 <3 Psalm 34:1 I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

7 comments:

  1. You do NOT sound like a whinny kid. You sound like a grieving momma who misses her baby. Grieve out loud. Praying for peace this holiday season for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to help you, but I want you to know I understand. I wrote this at Connor's 6 month "birthday". Please call me if you ever want to talk...I am here.

    Lugging the car seat around
    sore shoulders from your weight
    laughing when you spit green beans
    all over Daddy's face
    Anna deciding what she wants
    and what toys you can have
    sitting up by yourself
    enjoying your belly laugh
    Buckeyes or Bearcats on Saturday
    causing Daddy too many choices
    wearing your Bengals gear on Sundays
    worked up by all of the loud voices
    babbling, drooling and teething
    snuggling, crying and screaming
    how amazing it would be
    to watch you peacefully dreaming
    so many things I can imagine
    things I will never see
    and to think you are in Heaven
    getting to watch me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew some magical trick to help you through these next several weeks that will be extra hard for you. You're always in my thoughts and prayers, but I'll send up some extra ones for you. You never sound whiny, and you're so right that it's not fair. Not fair at all. Lean on those who love you, don't be afraid to grieve when you need to. We all love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tonya,

    Don't know if you recognize my name, but I'm from CMLM. I just read your blog and I'm touched and so very, very sorry. I wish you peace in your journey.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. KT ;) of course I know how you are lol I may have stalked you before (years ago) to read your blog too.. I think of you often you hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe and that wouldnt be a true KM post if it didnt include a TYPO LMAO
    WHO you are. geesh lol

    ReplyDelete