Monday, May 21, 2012

HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!!!

One year ago at this very moment I was laying in bed having what I swore was labor pains. I remember walking downstairs to tell Chris and he thought I was nuts "you still have 7wks you cant be in labor you are just worrying go get some rest" He said.
By morning the pains where 15mins apart he could tell by my face I wasnt imagining them. As we raced to the hospital I remember being so scared and excited at the same time. I knew today was the day I was going to get to HOLD my baby.

It is truly a day I will NEVER forget almost our whole family was there..and even a few friends.

For those of you that couldn't make the Balloon release sunday I would like to share with you the poem I wrote for Korbin- (thank you to my BFF Julie for reading that i know I couldn't have)

My Angel Baby
To my little angel in the sky
A year ago mommy had to kiss you goodbye
I didn't want to let you go
But you made me a better person I just want you to know
Because of you there is nothing I'm scared to do
even if missing you makes me blue
So my beautiful baby boy
every birthday there will be no toy
no laughs, hugs or kisses
only the warmth of your touch mommy and daddy misses
so patiently we wait til the day we are rejoined

I never got to leave the hospital with you
take you home or on trips to the zoo
see your smile, or hear your cries.
or spend hours looking into your blue eyes
All I have are dreams of you,
those of which, will never come true.
My heart sank the day that I knew,
I would never get to raise you.
I had made plans, and had aspirations,
if only I had a little more patience.
I never thought the Lord would take you
away from me so soon.
But, I'll never forget that dismal day,
The day I knew something was not right,
and through many tears I would have to fight.
Now, all I do is dream every night,
about what life would have been like.
To the lord I had sworn
to carry you all the way home
and all we can do is mourn.
because we know you're where you need to be,
even though it isn't here with me.
You are my angel baby because God wanted you with Him.
Now, forever with his angels, His praises you will sing.
None of my dreams for you will ever come true,
because of that day God chose to take you.
But, my angel baby you will always be,
in my heart forever, forever a part of me.







here are the many pictures people took.(thank you everyone)
">

and a video my sweet friend Carrie took

6 comments:

  1. OOPS apparently there are a few pictures from Kayla's Friends birthday party (which was after balloon release) that accidentally got added

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I couldn't be there, but I was in spirit. Happy Birthday to Korbin in Heaven. I know he was looking down on everyone and smiling. Love ya Tonya, Chris and Kayla. Auntie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing tribute Tonya! I know he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Tribute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog when Googling happy heavenly birthday Poems. My son was stillborn 2-10-12. Your poem is so sweet and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing how you spent your son's first heavenly birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled across your page when I Googled happy heavenly birthday. Your tribute was beautiful. By strange coincidence Korbin is buried by my little buddy Austin. I think we have actually met at the cemetery. Tomorrow is Austin's birthday and I was looking for a nice poem when I found your tribute. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete